With a modern configuration management in accordance with ITIL, Command supports you for
all major tasks:
1. Planning: Command simplifies the planning and definition of Configuration Items (CIs) with
regard to purpose, scope as well as the technical and organizational context.
2. Identification: the software supports you for the identification and selection of CIs, including
dependencies and responsibilities (ownership) as well as the unique versioning and designation.
3. Information: Command permits the recording and history management for all changes made
to CIs during their complete lifecycle (status).
4. Verification: regular reviews/audits allow you to compare the data in the CMDB with the
physical componets that actually exist..
5. Control: with Command you ensure that the productive environment contains only authorized
components that have been registered in the CMDB.
In addition to the process description, the provision of specific information is a central factor in
performing these tasks. Command provides the Configuration Management software that repre-
sents all aspects of the IT in a data model: from the service definition, including software and
server management, through to the management of physical resources. This saves time for the
daily work procedures and ensures the reliable operation of yout infrastructure and provides